Friday, April 19, 2013

Eilat

Hi to all the families of KBA! Today was a magnificent day, filled with new activities I have not tried before. The first stop we made was climbing a mountain near Eilat. When we got to the top, we were able to see Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt, all at the same time. The walk was tiring, but it was definitely worth it, after seeing the beautiful view at the top. We individually prayed at the top of the mountain. It was meaningful to me personally because each of us got to choose where we wanted to pray. After that, we snorkeled in the Red Sea. It was an awesome adventure for me because I never did it before. It was a gorgeous experience because we could see the coral and the pretty fish. I had an exquisite day today, and wish to soon return to my new home, Israel, as soon as possible. -Gabriella Rose, Friday, April 19 
Friday, April 19
Today was so exciting! We started off our day with a hike to the top of Har Tzfachot. Although the hike to the top was hard it was worth every step. The view from the top of the mountain was breath-taking. At the top we could see four different countries at the same time Israel (of course), Egypt, Jordan, and we could also see a tiny bit of Syria. On top of the mountain we had tefillot. The actual feeling of praying at such an amazing place was like know other. I felt closer to G-D while praying on the top of Har Tzfachot than I usually feel. The moment is one I will never forget.
On top of that we then got to go down to the beach to snorkel and swim in Eilat. The water was crystal clear. At first I was a little scared about the idea of swimming with the different fish, but when I got into the water that fear completely vanished. We saw beautiful fish and coral. The people showed us coral that was more than 4000 years old!  Next up - Shabbat at Kibbutz Ketura... 
- Olivia Deutsch

No comments:

Post a Comment